Integrated Energy Storage Solutions For A Green Future—From BYD
The Lithium-ion Iron-Phosphate (Fe) battery is a novel lithium-ion battery with lithium iron-phosphate as the cathode’s material. Compared with other kind of batteries, it has higher energy output and energy density, longer life cycles, better performance at high temperatures, excellent consistency, and many other advantages. These advantages also make it the perfect option in the field of energy storage as well as in electric cars. What’s more, the Fe battery is environmentally friendly and safe; it’s a technology for the green future.
As one of the key technologies in the energy storage sector, the Fe battery is playing an important role in the world. People can benefit from battery energy storage in many ways.
Energy storage is needed everywhere in the world. In Africa, people dream of turning their abundant sunshine into electricity; In Europe, green houses want to save energy as well as cost; In Asia, America, and Australia, people need a stabilized grid and generation of renewable energy.
Energy storage systems using the Fe battery could make all those dreams come true:
- In Africa, the Solar lantern is an energy storage product which combines the PV and battery that could turn the abundant sunshine into electricity and satisfy the basic needs of lighting and charging their mobile phones etc;
- For green houses with PV, the Home Energy Storage Solution can connect the grid and PV systems to maximize energy savings and self-consumption;
- For any Community, the Distributed Energy Storage System is designed to shift the power generated by PV and can be used as an emergency power supply;
- As for large scale storage needs, the Container Energy Storage Solution is used for grid stabilization, improving distribution power quality and load leveling;
- On isolated islands where there is no grid, the Microgrid Solution could provide power independently and safely. The ideal combination of renewable energy and energy storage system will build a powerful and green future.
BYD is such a company that can realize all the green dreams above. Up till now, BYD has over 200 MWh Fe Batteries service in EVs, Buses and Energy Storage Systems.
The main objectives of energy storage solutions include:
- Peak shaving & load leveling;
- Minimize wire loss, and increase the lifespan of wires and electric apparatus;
- Optimize the structure of the system, stabilize the output of the grid, and improve the quality of energy;
- Adjust measures to local conditions and supply electricity outdoors;
- Make compensation for PV and wind generating.
BYD was founded in 1995, and is involved in three core business areas: Transportation, New Energy, and Consumer Electronics. With advanced electric transportation technologies, BYD Auto has started the alternative-energy vehicle revolution. BYD IT manufacturing’s strategy is to offer ODM services for consumer electronics such as cell phones and laptops. For the New Energy sector, BYD manufactures products for the production of renewable energy (PV modules and inverters) and the efficient use of it (through rechargeable batteries and LED lighting), all to achieve zero CO2 emissions both for on-grid and off-grid areas.
If you want to know more about this and other topics directly from end users of energy storage technologies join us at one of these annual events: The Energy Storage World Forum (Grid Scale Applications), or The Residential Energy Storage Forum, or one of our Training Courses.